Monday, 1 August 2016


A BINGA man allegedly fatally stabbed a diner over a sitting position at a restaurant.
Million Muleya (36) of Kariangwe Area under Chief Siansali plunged a kitchen knife into Zibusiso Ndlovu’s chest last Wednesday. Ndlovu was a data capture clerk at Kariangwe Mission Clinic.

The incident occurred at Kariangwe Business Centre at around 4PM. Members of the Neighbourhood Watch Committee, a witness said, handcuffed Muleya and handed him over to the police.

Matabeleland North acting police spokesperson, Sergeant Namatirai Mashona, yesterday said she had not heard of the incident. “I’m out of the province and haven’t heard of the incident. I will refer you to someone who may assist you on that,” she said.

An eyewitness, Mr Frank Mudimba, said Ndlovu who died on arrival at Binga District Hospital, was stabbed once in the chest.

“Ndlovu and a friend arrived at the restaurant which is run by Chief Siansali and they bought food. In an attempt to find seats, Ndlovu’s colleague asked Muleya who was blocking their way, if they could pass. Muleya refused and after a brief exchange of harsh words, he left the restaurant. He returned minutes later armed with a knife.

“He headed straight to Ndlovu, and in the blink of an eye, he stabbed him once in the chest. The two had not fought and Ndlovu was not even the one who had talked to Muleya. We could actually say he died in cross fire,” said Mr Mudimba.

He said Ndlovu who was from Lukosi in Hwange, had been transferred from Lukosi Hospital to the clinic about three months ago.

“As a community we’re very shocked by the incident that befell the young man, whom we heard had recently graduated. He was in his 20s and was still new in our community,” said Mr Mudimba.

Some villagers said Muleya was Chief Siansali’s aide but the Chief denied this, saying Muleya was a homeless person that he helped from time to time.
“Muleya didn’t work for me but is actually a man that I would hire to do some piece jobs like sweeping the yard at my business premises,” he said.

Chief Siansali said the stabbing occurred when he was away and therefore did not have much detail on the incident. chronicle


Post a Comment