Thursday, 21 April 2016


ZANU PF national deputy youth secretary Kudzai Chipanga yesterday maintained that the proposed one-million-men march by party youths to show solidarity with President Robert Mugabe would go ahead as scheduled despite claims to the contrary.

There have been reports that the youths were failing to secure funding for the grand march due to factional fighting in Zanu PF.

But Chipanga said nothing planned by Zanu PF had ever failed and the one-million-men march to be held next month would be no exception.

“Those who think the march will not succeed are dreaming,” Chipanga said.

“We have so far held meetings to mobilise our youths in Mashonaland East, Masvingo, Manicaland, Bulawayo and Mashonaland Central. We will be in Matabeleland North on Friday and in Mashonaland West on Saturday.”

He said they would announce the date of the march after visiting all provinces.

“Everything planned by Zanu PF will succeed. Look at the land reform, the December 2014 congress that most people thought would not succeed without former Vice-President Joice Mujuru, the just-ended 21st February Movement celebrations, to mention a few.

“The one-million-men march will succeed and it is going to be a historic event that will bring together the biggest crowd ever,” Chipanga said.

On the Bindura meeting that was said to have been poorly attended, Chipanga claimed over
4 000 took part, although they had planned to attract 5 000 youths.

Referring to MDC-T leader Morgan Tsvangirai’s protest march against Mugabe last
week, Chipanga said: “Tsvangirai’s protest march was a joke in town, how can a president of a political party gather such a small number of people? He is no longer the Tsvangirai who used to enjoy a lot of support between 2000 and 2008.” newsday


Post a Comment